Man I’ve had my eyes on this for a very long time. I’ve always like the idea of having something standalone to create with as I’d love to be able to be on the sofa or in a different place and be able to knock out ideas.
- Standalone MPC
- Can be used as control surface for Akai’s latest MPC software, Mac & PC compatible
- Lithium-ion battery for mobile use
- Full-colour 7-inch multi-touch screen
- 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive RGB pads
- MIDI ins/outs
- Turntable RCA inputs with ground peg
- 16 GB on-board storage
- Built-in SD card slot, two-port USB hub
- User-expandable 2.5″ SATA connection (SSD or HDD)
As much as I want to get involved, the RRP of circa £899 is making me reevaluate my choices and priorities to be honest. Besides my Maschine MK1 continues to do its job -my excuse for almost everything music related rather than admitting the fact that I really don’t have a scooby.
It’s always nice to see what’s out there technology and solution-wise.